The Qualities of a Good CV / Resume
- Your CV/resume is one of the most important documents you will ever write.
- Before writing your CV, research your chosen organization and find out what they expect to see in a CV.
- It should be designed exclusively to get you a job.
- Leave aside your own personal opinions of how a CV should be written and laid out, stick to what will be familiar for the reader.
- Tailor your CV specifically to your chosen organization.
- If it doesn’t attract attention within 2–3 seconds, it will not be read in full.
- Write from the hirer’s / employer’s point of view.
- Be honest, concise, accurate, and factual.
- CV: two pages max. Resume: one-page max.